Great Southwest Council Wood Badge Association Scholarship
Wood Badge Scholarship Application Process
1. Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee that includes the President or their designated representative from the Council Wood Badge Association, the Council Wood Badge Coordinator, and the Wood Badge Course Director for the course for which a scholarship is being applied for.
2. Scholarships will be based on the financial need demonstrated on the scholarship application. All scholarship requests will be processed with the highest degree of confidentiality.
3. Scholarship requests are for a specific course. The scholarship request form must be submitted with an application for the course, and accompanied by the deposit. Refunds are subject to the policy outlined on your Wood Badge Registration form. Scholarship request forms must be submitted no later than 90-days prior to the course start. Scholarship decisions will be made within 60-days of the course start, and all applicants will be notified of the status of their request by the Course Director.
4. The number of scholarships, and the dollar amount of each scholarship, is at the discretion of the Wood Badge Association. While every effort will be made to have a least two ½-price scholarships per course, lack of funds may preclude this.
5. Scholarships are granted for courses hosted by the Great Southwest Council, and are open to registered members of the Council. Scholarship requests for participation in non-Council courses, or by non-Council participants in a Council course, will not be considered.
6. Questions regarding the scholarship program may be submitted to the President of the Wood Badge Association.
Click here to email Deb Couls - President of the Wood Badge Association
Other Scholarship Opportunities
VFW Wood Badge Scholarship
AFL-CIO Wood Badge Scholarship